Wanted: Culinary Tour Guides for Granville Island Market Tour (part time and casual)
Join our local team spearheading Canada’s Culinary Tourism revolution. Edible British Columbia is Canada’s largest culinary tourism and specialty locavore operator. With a vibrant Retail Store and headquarters located in the heart of Granville Island, we’re immersed in the Province’s vibrant food culture and in front of millions of visitors annually.
With a new culinary centre – Edible at the Market – opening Spring/Summer 2011, we need to hire additional Culinary Tour Guides. Are you passionate and ready to spread the word about the best of BC and Canada’s local food and drink, and the amazing culinary artisans that grow it, harvest it, bottle it, produce it and supply it?
Our signature Granville Island Market Tour provides the opportunity for both locals and visitors to learn about and experience BC’s most visited and best-known market, together with those who know it best. As a Culinary Guide you’ll lead small groups around the Public Market on a 2-hour tasting tour, provide tips on food selection and preparation, and insights into the local culinary scene.
EBC Culinary Guide qualifications:
- Culinary and food background
- Be dynamic, interactive, friendly and engaging with the general public
- Be comfortable, confident and vocal speaking in public to groups
- Be passionate about food! And drink!
- Knowledgeable and supportive of the Farm to Table movement
- Have a flexible schedule (public tours generally run 9am-11am, 7 days a week though private tours can run any time of the day)
- Culinary Guides should be able to offer at least 3 mornings a week
- Fluency in a second language is a bonus
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and references with cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls or in person inquiries or resumes. We thank all those who submit their applications but only those under consideration will be contacted.