We’ve brought in some brand new products just in advance of Valentine’s Day – local sweets for your sweetie!
Cocolico Sauces by Wendy Boys
*NEW* Dark Chocolate Mint, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
Old Favorites: Dark Chocolate Raspberry, Burnt Caramel, and Dark Chocolate Caramel
Vanilla Salt Caramels by Wendy Boys
9 Chocolates$15.95 +tax
Valentine’s Chocolates by Chocolate Arts
Crispy Raspberry Heart – A crispy cookie wafer with dried raspberry puree, covered in dark chocolate.
Chocolate Box by Chocolate ArtsA heart-shaped box with 5 little red-foil wrapped chocolates hidden inside. $5.95 +tax
We also have a number of premade giftbaskets available, or you can customize your own.
Come visit us at our Granville Island Retail Store, or purchase these (and many more locally made artisan foodstuffs) online here.
The New Years menu can be a common worry well, when it comes to the dessert we’ve got you sorted with this amazing banana and chocolate cake with custard.
What You Need ?
- 2 eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 100g chocolate chips
- 3 bananas
- 20g white chocolate (for decoration)
- 300ml of ready made or homemade custard
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a 30cm cake tin and line the tin with greaseproof paper.
- Take a mixing bowl and cream the butter and sugar together until a cream like consistency is achieved.
- Beat in the two eggs until all the ingredients are combined evenly and a smooth mix is achieved.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and slowly fold, avoiding flour lumps and beating air out of the cake.
- In a separate bowl take a fork and mash up two of the bananas evenly and add this to the previous mixture until the mix is even.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and ensure an even distribution.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and use a spatula to spread the top of the cake until level.
- Bake the cake for 25 – 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until a skewer can be placed through the centre and come out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool and then turn it onto a plate.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until smooth and runny.
- Once cooled drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the cake.
- Slice the remaining bananas thinly and add as decoration to the cake.
- Heat the custard in preparation for serving.
- Slice the cake into a suggested six servings and serve hot or cold with the custard.