The New Years menu can be a common worry well, when it comes to the dessert we’ve got you sorted with this amazing banana and chocolate cake with custard.
What You Need ?
- 2 eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 100g chocolate chips
- 3 bananas
- 20g white chocolate (for decoration)
- 300ml of ready made or homemade custard
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a 30cm cake tin and line the tin with greaseproof paper.
- Take a mixing bowl and cream the butter and sugar together until a cream like consistency is achieved.
- Beat in the two eggs until all the ingredients are combined evenly and a smooth mix is achieved.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and slowly fold, avoiding flour lumps and beating air out of the cake.
- In a separate bowl take a fork and mash up two of the bananas evenly and add this to the previous mixture until the mix is even.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and ensure an even distribution.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and use a spatula to spread the top of the cake until level.
- Bake the cake for 25 – 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until a skewer can be placed through the centre and come out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool and then turn it onto a plate.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until smooth and runny.
- Once cooled drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the cake.
- Slice the remaining bananas thinly and add as decoration to the cake.
- Heat the custard in preparation for serving.
- Slice the cake into a suggested six servings and serve hot or cold with the custard.